anita's*thoughts
Saturday, February 05, 2005
Well funnily enough I was going to post on one of two topics. One being why we shouldn't change the flag and the other on the media. Scott did an interesting post on the flag or though I am not sure about the 'The attack on our flag is yet another sickening form of revisionism' comment. Seems a little extreme. Sorry Scooter just my opinion

Anyways, in my last post I made a comment that the NZ Herald sucks. I guess that you must all think it is ok cause no one disagreed. Anyway Hamish and I were eating breakfast and I picked up the front section of the Herald for me and the sports section for him. I gave up reading it because it was choka block full of ads! The quality of the stories are poor and there is very little dirt digging investigational journalism! On the other hand the Sunday Star Times is an excellent newspaper full of interesting stories and because it is not a daily they provide more topical feature type stories.

I also await with interest to see who is going to win the 7pm current affairs show battle. I mean really does NZ needs 3 current affairs programmes at 7. No we dont and someone is going to lose. I can't wait for John Campbells show- he is funny and smart and doesn't have an ax to grind unlike Aunty Helen's sister in arms Susan Wood. Paul Holmes might be ok cause all the oldies like him and all the youngies like John Campbell. At the end of the day the winner could be Shortland Street, but my pick is John Campbell will be the winner and hopefully Susan Wood the loser.

What kind of country lets the government own the media??? I mean no wonder poor Don Brash can't get a foot in the door cause the media is dancing to the beat of Helen's drum. And look what happens when TV3 takes her on (Corngate interview with John Campbell), that would have never happened with a TV One jorno cause there would have been more trouble I bet. OK just for the record Don Brash didn't say women should give up their babies for adoption he is said it should be AN OPTION! An option people not a command get it right. The media twists stuff just to make a story. We need to look out for what we read and watch and switch our brains on.

3 Comments:

Shot Anita, well done. Right on the money! As for the current affairs shows, i think your right about Susan Wood, John Cambell in my humble eyes is a bit full of it at times, but not bad, good most of the time. However i must say that as much as i think Paul Holmes is a twit, i do like the way that he doesnt beat around the bush. If someone is not answering him stright he gets into them. He's usually rather blunt to the point, which i like. However as i am learning blunt is not always good. Good work, keep it up, Sam.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:06 am, February 07, 2005  


Hey...i majorly dislike the Herald. It has become more and more left-wing and you're right, there's hardly any good, objective journalism in it. I personally think dear Auntie Helen will get in again next elections because of the biased paper. I guess papers supporting one government or the other is age-old but it's LAME!!! Bring back objective journalism! Corina

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:15 pm, February 07, 2005  


A sample of Paul's new show. Click HERE to hear Paul Holmes and Brian Tamaki from Prime tonight. Notice even in this short segment someone commented on his appearance and money. He was wearing an expensive looking pale blue suit on the show which prompted the caller's comment.

But I'll drop that topic now ;-) I might put video of this clip online later if I shrink it enough. Paul has a new phone to push on his desk :D

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:02 pm, February 07, 2005  


Post a Comment

Anita posted at 1:02 pm

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com