anita's*thoughts
Tuesday, March 08, 2005
Guess what! I have decided to do the 40 hour famine.

The 40 Hour Famine is helping provide relief, rehabilitation and development through projects in over ten countries.

These include:

Growing awareness of children’s rights, values and education through a Bangladesh street children project.
Providing safe work alternatives for child rubbish pickers in the city slums of Cambodia
Contributing some Famine funds to the Tsunami relief effort
Releasing children from bonded labour and providing rehabilitation, prevention and advocacy for families in India.
Helping children on the streets of Mongolia and reuniting them with their families.
Providing hope to families affected by HIV/AIDS in Nepal, Papua New Guinea and Tanzania

I am going to the slums of Cambodia this year, that is why I really want to do this! So Please please PLEASE pLeASe sponsor me. It my goal to raise $200.

You can sponsor me online click HERE. You can even pay online with your credit card. Please if you can spare 5 bucks or something please do (but more is better). I promise to be starving for 40 hours and will keep you updated on my blog. I am going to start on the 17th of March which is during the week. Please sponsor me it is a really good cause!

4 Comments:

Are you going to eat Barley sugars, and drink juice?

By Blogger Dan, at 12:40 pm, March 10, 2005  


not if I can help it. I will mainly drink water but Just Juice sponsers the Famine so it would be good to buy their juice.

Why are you going to sponsor me?

By Blogger Anita, at 12:13 pm, March 11, 2005  


Hmm... I've always been averse to the 40hr famine, since a famine should really be a famine.
Starving kids don't have an virtually endless supply of Barley sugars and Just juice.

Maybe I'm being too something.

By Blogger Dan, at 2:54 pm, March 11, 2005  


Well I may struggle to go from eating regularly to eating only barley sugars and drinking juice.

What I think matters is my heart and intentions and to not sponsor would be worst for the starving children than me eating a few barley sugars.

But if you are willing to sponsor me if I have no barley sugars and juice I will do it.

By Blogger Anita, at 4:34 pm, March 11, 2005  


Post a Comment

Anita posted at 7:12 pm

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com