anita's*thoughts
Sunday, April 10, 2005
Want to know what it is? Jamming your wedding ring on and having to get it cut off (not to want of trying various ways and means). Yup that is what I did on Saturday night. We were off to Hamish's cousins engagement party and I thought I better put on my wedding ring which I hadn't worn for most of the week because it was feeling to tight. As I was walking down the driveway to the party I jammed it on not really clicking that I was actually having a lot of trouble with it. We got home and I was desperate to get it off and starting to freak out as the warm water and soap then cocoa butter then cooking oil and finally hair conditioner wasn't working and in the mean time my finger was very red and swollen. I decided to sleep on it and look for other ideas on the internet in the morning.

In the morning the old finger was looking very dodgey so went on the internet and the Harvard Medical School suggested I do THIS. That didn't work and their advice was to go to the emergency doctor which I did. The doctor took one look it and got two lovely nurses to cut it off. They assured me this didn't mean I was divorced and they wanted Hamish to come in make sure he was ok with it all. Which he was of course. $55 and a chopped wedding ring later I walked out much relieved.

So if you see me without my wedding ring on, don't worry Hamish and I aren't having martial trouble- I am just a wee bit silly.

Moral of the story: Don't force anything ever and stop eating so much ice cream!!!!

4 Comments:

hmm... I could get rich by inventing an adjustable wedding ring design...

nobody steal that idea :)

I have heard of several other people having this problem. Even more people have said how close they came to having to get it chopped.

So you aren't the only silly one hehe.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:25 pm, April 10, 2005  


Oh no poor Anita! I know what you mean - mine is starting to feel quite tight as well (what, already?!). Must exercise more! And stop cooking such EXCELLENT meals! haha

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:19 pm, April 12, 2005  


So what do they use to take off a wedding ring?

Stink though, i bet you feel naked without it. I do when i forget to put mine on (i have to take it off at night cos my weird fingers go double the size at night and it hurts!)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:54 pm, April 14, 2005  


They put this hook under the ring and twist this sharp round disk thingee into the hook. Kind like scissors really except round. It has been more of a relief to not wear anything on my ring finger for the past couple of days to be honest. But is kinda sad that I don't have a wedding ring anymore!

By Blogger Anita, at 3:58 pm, April 14, 2005  


Post a Comment

Anita posted at 1:48 pm

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com