anita's*thoughts
Monday, August 22, 2005
Scott has convinced me that voting on principles rather than tactics is the best way to go for a Christian. I figured I had the principle thing covered with a vote for United Future but now there are no Christian MPs in their List, well not ones that are going to get in anyway.

So the question now is Destiny or CHNZ. As you can see from the heated debate below Dan and Scott and others feel strongly that CHNZ is the go. Personally I think it should come down to policy and from what I can see they are pretty similar. So, up to you, but I feel that Destiny has the edge over CHNZ is terms of candidates (amount only - experience etc debatable) media coverage and public awareness, clearer policies (easier read) and a wider support based therefore likely they get more votes. And for some reason the Capill thing doesn't inspire me to vote for CHNZ, I know you may think that is crazy and they have a new leader now but I don't know, I just don't like it. However I prefer Ewen McQueen to Richard Lewis and in general CHNZ's style 'sits' better with the reformed mindset and (I think) their candidates are a little more experienced than Destiny.

Anyway - this is me signing off from the election debate, I don't want to hack anyone off further. Thanks to Scott, Dan and Jono who have contributed their ideas, I have appreciated hearing your thoughts, you have enlighted me. For want of a better word that is.

Update: yes I know I am suppose to be signing off but a member of the Destiny Party just knocked on our front door and gave us a little speech and a handout on the guy running for rewa and party vote info. Impressive, if someone from CHNZ does the same I will retract the following comment. I think Destiny has the manpower and moneypower to sustain a longterm election campaign. If I am going to back a loser I would rather back the second to last rather than the last.

2 Comments:

Did you catch the parties opening addresses on Saturday night?

I think it would be worthwhile to watch them.

CHNZ's is online, here. Destiny don't have theirs online, but I've got it on video if you want to borrow it.

By Blogger Dan, at 2:09 pm, August 22, 2005  


Nice work Anita. I have decided to vote for morals, which is what I really had wanted all along, I just didn't really relise. Personaly, this is just my humble opinion, Destiny is a viable option. Go the Biblical standards!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:36 pm, August 22, 2005  


Post a Comment

Anita posted at 1:58 am

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com