anita's*thoughts
Wednesday, January 25, 2006
Pregnancy is a funny thing. Having people comment on your physical appearance is funnier. For weeks I have had people say 'your tummy isn't very big'. Being a paranoid first-time Mum you start to worry Baby Mac isn't growing. Today I got my first 'my goodness you are big for 23 weeks'. Being a paranoid first-time Mum you start to worry Baby Mac is going to be 10 pounds!!!.

As a women it is strange to find yourself in a position where people have no problem commenting on and touching your body. Such things where taboo to do and say to before I was pregnant.

Anyway, this is not a moan by the way. Just a comment on my experience. I have also should state that if you know me outside of work then you are welcome to comment away and pat my tum!!!! There is something uncomfortable about people you pretty much only know in a professional environment touching and commenting on you at work.

2 Comments:

Thought you might like this site?
www.ohbaby.co.nz
It has a detailed week by week pregnancy calendar thats so interesting! Might give you some insight weekly on what to expect etc being a first time mummy. ;o)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:39 pm, January 26, 2006  


Your Mum didn't show too much either when carrying you but you were born 8lb 11oz!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:36 pm, February 12, 2006  


Post a Comment

Anita posted at 4:01 pm

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com